Heavy Thoughts, Light Thoughts
Lately I’ve had all kinds of thoughts running through my head. Thoughts about where I want to go with my photography, ways I need to expand with it. Thoughts about where I want to go as a person and how to become the person I want to be. Heavy thoughts that blind fold me, spin me around and then tell me to pick a direction, and it had better be a good pick ’cause there is no take-backs and no do-overs.
Of course, that’s not really true. Whatever choice I make, should it not work out, I can always choose to change things up again. But once in a while I always forget and end up in a panic.
Today I’m trying to remind myself of that, of the how very few things in life are permanent, and while one thing, like the flower above, may fade, in its place there may grow something that is just as beautiful in a different way.
Here are some things that are blooming for me today and making me smile:
– The thought of sunshine tomorrow and bbq’d ribs in the evening.
- ‘Everything Beautiful Began After’, a beautiful book by Simon Van Booy, whose writing I fell in love with through his two short story books, ‘The Secret Lives of People in Love‘ and ‘Love Begins in Winter’. This man can use words like no one I have ever read and honestly, I think I’m a bit smitten.
– Sleeping in my own bed after being away last weekend. Nothing is quite as good as sleeping in your own bed with your husband and your cat.
– True Blood. It’s cheesy, it’s sexy, it’s addicting. Each week I wonder if I’ll be able to make it until the next episode. Lately I’ve been reading the novels which the show is based on. Though reading might not be quite the right word as I have finished the first four novels in just 4 days. Devour might be a better word.
– Plans for a fun party I can hopefully pull together this summer. It involves paint, canvases, friends and food. Sounds like the best party ever!
What is making you smile today?