Saturday was one of the most beautiful days we’ve had this summer, and that’s a bit sad seeing as it was the end of July.
M. and I took full advantage of the day and had a bit of an impromptu picnic. We got out an old blanket; got strawberries, grapes and raspberries; got three different kinds of cheese and a loaf of french bread; made drinks and then laid out in the sun reading comic s while listening to the New Pornographers on my portable record player. It was heaven.
This July hasn’t turned out as I had hoped, mostly due to the dreary weather, but there have been some good things in it.
- M. and I have gone on three nice long bike rides around the city. M.’s bike is grey and mine is baby blue. Now I just need a cute basket and I feel I’m set. I even managed to bike in skirt on one of the rides!
- We took a weekend trip to Seattle, which I will talk about more once I get the film back from being developed.
- I can say now I’m much more relaxed than I was before or even right after the wedding. Which really, is what I wanted from this summer, is relaxation.
- Polaroid week was a fantastic highlight! There was so much inspiration!
- This past weekend I learned to make my first cocktail type drink that involved more than just pouring booze into pop. Let me tell you, these Rosemary Gin Fizz drinks (pictured above) are the perfect refreshing drink. (Especially when cute striped straws are used.)
Now it is August and the weather channel is saying we’ll have beautiful weather for at least the next week, maybe the next two, so I want to get as many summery type things done. I hope to go to the beach at least once, as well as do some photo walks in areas of the city I don’t spend a lot of time in.
What are you plans for the rest of the summer? Are you headed towards beaches and large bodies of water or are you loving the simple shade of trees in a green meadow?